Relevance Lab launches its professional services for Service Workbench on AWS (SWB) available for customers through AWS Marketplace. SWB is a cloud-based open-source solution that caters the needs of the scientific research community by empowering both researchers & research IT teams.
Relevance Lab is a preferred partner for SWB to help customers adopt this open-source solution seamlessly. We have deep expertise and can help in assessment, planning, deployment, training, customization and ongoing managed services support in a cost effective manner.
Highlights of Professional Services Offering
- Service Workbench on AWS which is an the open-source solution is fully supported with deep competence to help Plan-Build-Run lifecycle
- Provide assessment, planning, deployment, training, customization and ongoing managed services support
- Offer cost-effective and flexible engagement models
With Relevance Lab’s professional services for SWB, IT teams are able to deliver secure, repeatable, and federated access control to data, tooling, and compute power to researchers driving a frictionless scientific research on cloud.
- Assessment, Implementation and Training for new and existing setup
- Advanced Setup & Premium Support including underlying infrastructure with special needs on Security, Compliance, Data Protection and Scalability
- Ongoing Managed Services & Support including Upgrades, Monitoring and Incident Management
- SWB Code and new feature customization, enhancement services for custom catalog like RStudio on ALB
What it Means for Scientific Researcher Community?
Relevance Lab’s Professional Services Offering for Service Workbench on AWS is a solution that enables IT teams to provide secure, repeatable, and federated control of access to data, tooling, and compute power that researchers need. With Service Workbench, researchers no longer have to worry about navigating cloud infrastructure. They can focus on achieving research missions and completing essential work in minutes, not months, in configured research environments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question-1 How to get started using SWB and RStudio with ALB?
Answer: We have a dedicated landing page, sign-up page and support model
Question-2 What is a typical customer end-to-end journey?
Answer: Most customers look for the following support for the adoption lifecycle.
- One time on-boarding
- Product customization services
- On-Going managed services and support
- T&M services for anything additional
Question-3 How long does onboarding take, and what does it cost?
Answer: A standard onboarding for a new customer takes about 2 weeks covering initial assessment, installation, configurations, training, and basic functionality demonstration for a new setup. It costs about US $10,000.
Question-4 What sort of support is available post onboarding?
Answer: Following are the common support activities requested:
- L0 – Monitoring and Diagnostics
- L1 – Technical Queries on how to use the product effectively
- L2 – Ongoing upgrades, troubleshooting, configurations
- L3 – Customization, enhancements (typically for less than 40-hour changes per request)
- Project Engagement – for typically 40+ hours of enhancements/customization work
Question-5 What is the engagement model for ongoing support or customizations?
Answer: Two models of support are offered – Basic and Premium. In case of customizations, both models of project-based and Time & Material engagement are possible.
SWB is available as an open-source solution and provides useful functionality to enable self-service portal for research customers. However, without a dedicated partner to support through the complete lifecycle, it can be a daunting exercise for customers and overheads for their internal IT teams. Based on the feedback from early adopters and in partnership with AWS, we are happy to launch specialized professional services on AWS Marketplace to make adoption by customers frictionless. Keeping the open source nature in mind, the services are optimized to be cost-effective and flexible with a goal to make scientific research in the cloud faster, cheaper and better.
To learn more about Relevance Lab’s professional services for Service Workbench, feel free to write to email@example.com
Relevance Lab Open-Source Collaboration with Service Workbench on AWS
Service Workbench Template on Github